Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Volleyball pick up games/leagues
clashy

Mood: No Mood

posted on 7-7-2007 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Volleyball pick up games/leagues

Hi, I've just arrived in Hong Kong recently for vacation for around 2 months leaving around the end of august and I really want to know about some opportunities I have to play volleyball here. Are there any places where people just go and play pick up games? Also, I dont know anything about the leagues here in Hong Kong so if anyone could give me some information that would help alot. Im an ABC and I currently play for my university club team as right side hitter and sometimes OH. I know the game decently well so do not worry about me being a drag onto your game. I'm 6'2 (around 190 ish cm?) and really don't want to go two months without any volleyball at all. If anyone has any information for me please contact me. Thanks!
jchu

posted on 9-7-2007 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote

I can't help you with Indoor Volleyball, but for Beach Volleyball there are 2 main places: Gold Coast which I think is on Sundays (Predominantly Local HK Chinese) and Discovery Bay which is on Saturdays typically starting at 2-3pm (mostly Expats and ABC/BBC/CBC's).
VBFC
Super Administrator

posted on 19-7-2007 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote

There are two main organizations organize volleyball leagues in Hong Kong,
1. Volleyball Association Hong Kong, China
2. District Offices

Volleyball Association Hong Kong organize two major leagues over the year,
1. Hong Kong Open League; and
2. Marathon Volleyball League.

We have 18 districts in Hong Kong. Each District Office organizes its own league every year. In other word, every month should have 1.5 volleyball leagues going on in Hong Kong.

If you don’t mind to play outdoor volleyball, you may stop by Fa Hui Park or Moreton Terrace. There are lots of recreational players hang around there.

We have two hours open house volleyball game on this coming Sunday (July 22) 12:00 – 2:00pm. If you interested in playing, please let us know. We will give you more detail.

Cheers,
clashy

posted on 21-7-2007 at 02:43 AM Reply With Quote

Yes! I would definitely be interested in this. Please give me the details. Thanks!
VBFC
Super Administrator

posted on 21-7-2007 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote

clashy,

Check you U2U.

Cheers,
mr_dimsum

posted on 28-7-2007 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote

Is Moreton Terrace the place where there are about 6 soccer fields, and a ton of basketball nets? I go by there all the time but never noticed any volleyball whatsoever. Please let me know. ;-)
Post new thread Poll: