Not logged in [Login - Register]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Looking to play volleyball...
EMK

Mood: No Mood

posted on 3-3-2008 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looking to play volleyball...

Greetings,

This is a great website. I wish I had discovered it earlier.

I am flying into Hong Kong today...Tuesday, March 4 and will be staying for two weeks.

I am looking for some information on where I could play pick up/drop in volleyball.

I will be staying at:

FLT. F / Yee Tak Court/Tai Po Plaza

So ideally it would be nice to play closer to Tai Po.

Volleyball History:

I am male, 35 years old, played libero in college and can also set. Played in 5-1, 6-2 systems. I have coached a number of teams. I am only 5'9"/175 cm so power or middle blocker are not my naturual positions:) I play grass volleyball once or twice a weeks. Usually doubles, 3, or 4's and prefer that to 6's. I am an ABC but grew up in Canada and speak passable:) Cantonese.

I saw the section on the website and had a few questions about the street and beach volleyball courts.

RE: Outdoor Courts/Street Volleyball

Do they play at night? Is it every day or just on weekends?. Can you just show up and try to join a team? Is there a better court/park to go to than others?

RE: Beach Volleyball Courts

Do they have lights at the Choi Hung Road Playground? For there and the other two beach courts do they play there every day or weekends? Can you just show up and try to join a team? Is there a better court/park to go to than others? Is there only one court at the beach locations?

Sorry for all the questions:)...I just don't want to travel and not be able to play.

Thanks so much!

Emerson
VBFC
Super Administrator

posted on 9-3-2008 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote

Emerson,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

The outdoor courts have games almost every night. Sunday night is a bit quiet, you may not able to find any player there.

There are lights at the Choi Hung Road Playground. However, you need to book the court to play there.

The other two beach courts only active on weekend. Not much players there on weekdays.

You can just drop in. Most volleyballers are friendly.

Fa Hui got four courts. Bigger chance to get into a game.

Yes, only one court in each beach.

Any queries, please let us know.

Have fun of playing volleyball in Hong Kong.

Cheers,
EMK

posted on 16-3-2008 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for this information. My schedule was full this time but I hope to play more next time in Hong Kong. I did play at Mui Wo with some beach players and they were very friendly.

Thanks again!

Emerson
Post new thread Poll: